Thursday, May 24, 2012

Swing-N-Slide Chesapeake Wooden Swing Set - A Mother Of 4 Reviews

Editors note:  The Chesapeake Wooden Swing Set comes in at first place among the best wooden swing sets for 2012

When I was little, I wanted a tree-house that was unmatched in my neighborhood; it would be the envy of all my friends and we'd spend hours playing and telling secrets. I know what it's like to want a little haven, so when my 9 year old daughter asked me for the Swing-N-Slide Chesapeake Wooden Swing Set, I couldn't say no. So, I took the plunge and it arrived one week later.

Since I imagine many parents will be reading this, I'll begin with the benefits.

-- There are decks, slides, swings, monkey-bars, and secret little areas that makes the Swing-N-Slide Chesapeake Wooden Swing Set one of the best for adventurous kids. My children are constantly playing their version of "fort" and I could listen to their delighted giggles all day long. Even my youngest (age 3) has no problem climbing, swinging, and bounding from one play station to the next.

-- No splinters! I was surprised at how smooth and durable the wood was. It's also resilient to the kicks and punches of small children; a great thing when you have kids who like to pretend their little ninjas. I have yet to have to kiss or bandage any splinter-related boo-boos that came from the Swing-N-Slide Chesapeake Wooden Swing Set.

However, with the pros come the cons...

-- I had two professional carpenters work build this playset and it took them a matter of 3 days. It simply cannot be put together any faster than that. There are a mass of instructions that can be tough to read, even for the seasoned constructor.

-- Some of the nuts and bolts were missing. I've seen this happen before with other playsets, so it's nothing I wasn't expecting. Fortunately, my husband had spares lying around the garage for such an occasion.

Overall, as a mother of 4 children, I wanted this playset to be their dream "tree-house" the way mine was when I was growing up. So far, it has been. They've logged countless hours outside and I couldn't be happier with the decision to buy the Swing-N-Slide Chesapeake Wooden Swing Set.

To see this model and the entire list, visit:

http://www.squidoo.com/top-10-wooden-swing-sets

No comments: