Friday, June 8, 2012

Power Wheels Ford F-150 - Ultimate Starter Ride-On

Over the past year and a half, my 4 year old son has had two other electric ride-on toys besides the Power Wheels Ford F-150; both of which failed and died out before he really had the chance to break them in. I was prepared for the same outcome with this ride-on, as well. However, we've been pleasantly surprised! My son was very adamant about having a truck that looked just like his dad's; a characteristic that I thought would be hard to find. Instead, the Power Wheels Ford F-150 popped up on my Amazon web browser and we've been enjoying it everyday for at least an hour over the last 5 months. With all kiddie vehicles, there are bound to be positive and negative points.

Positives:

- The battery lasts 3 days before it has to be recharged; that's if I don't hook it up to charge every night after my son is done with it. He rides it for about an hour each day and unless he forgets to turn it off, the battery is still mostly full for the day after. It's also extremely easy to charge with a simple plug-in.

- The instructions are concise and straight forward. It took my husband an hour to put the Power Wheels Ford F-150 together and another hour to charge it completely. That's a record considering all the bad little trucks we've been through in the last year.

- This truck can go up-hills, down-hills, in reverse, and has no problem riding on our gravel driveway. My little boy has only gotten stuck once and that was because he accidentally clicked the reverse straight into our yard's fruit tree. Other than that, it goes a steady 3mph at full speed and the stop is flawless.

Negatives:
- There's only one negative that comes to mind and that's the color. My son's favorite color is green and I couldn't find the Power Wheels Ford F-150 in that hue. Fortunately, he's become accustomed to the silver but it'd be nice to have more color options to choose from.

Editor's Note:  The Power Wheels Ford F-150 is first on the list this year among the top 10 electric cars for kids.  =)

No comments: