Sunday, October 14, 2012

TMNT For Tots - Righteous, Dude!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Sewer Lair
When I was a preteen, I was heavily into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now that I’m grown with several children of my own, I’m shocked by the amount of weird or plain bad television cartoons these days. Imagine my surprise when I heard TMNT was coming back! It’s something I’ve begun to get my boys into in anticipation of the new T.V. series and they seem to love it thus far. However, the best has been the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Sewer Lair set. I found it on a list of the top 10 toys for boys 2012, and with a few mishaps, it’s not a bad toy.

What’s included in the set?

For the record, this set is huge with hundreds of pieces that fit together perfectly. It stands 42” tall when completed and all 4 TMNTs can maneuver comfortably inside and on the rails outside. It weighs a hefty 12 pounds, so I’ve been the one to carry it from one play place to another, but the parts also snap off to make travel a little easier. There are sheets filled with stickers and decals that kids can use to make the scene more realistic.

Pros:

This playset, overall, kept my kids engaged and held their interest for hours at a time. The whole atmosphere is great and it gives my boys the chance to use their imagination to come up with new plots for the TMNTs to act out.

Cons:

Some of the pipes were flimsy and only molded to a 180 degree angle, which means they’d snap off easily during playtime. The price was a little insane. I paid $175 for this on Amazon, and if I hadn’t been buying it for a total of 4 kids, I wouldn’t have paid that price. It takes several hours to assemble; although, that’s supposed to be “part of the fun.”

No comments: